POLL: How do you Play Chords ?

Basically to be used for anything you wish to discuss that does not fit into any of the other specific categories listed below

Playing Chords ?

You may select up to 2 options

View results

doojab

Re: POLL: How do you Play Chords ?

Post by doojab »

I like to try to play chords with hands and feet but even my current Yamaha AR100 does a better job of it!
The only reason I am trying to play "properly" is that I want to play church organs as well but I wholeheartedly agree that all playing is about enjoyment so why work needlessly at something you're not enjoying? Life is too short!

I work in the car industry, especially classic cars and you get so much snobbery over "originality". I like cars that are kept close to original but I'd far rather a car owner enjoy their car the way they want it than the car be scraped or kept locked in a garage because it's too precious to use!

Sorry to rant!
Lee Jones
Site Admin

Post by Lee Jones »

I think you make a good point !
rjcoop5

Post by rjcoop5 »

I agree, I play for enjoyment too. If I had to play pedals, then count me out. The auto bass suits me fine, and I don’t even try the fake bass Lowrey has on the Marquee. I use full chords left hand and lots of AOC for right hand chording, when appropriate.
Roberre

Post by Roberre »

I am interested to read the comments of others and absolutely subscribe to the view that, it doesn't matter how you're getting there providing you're enjoying the journey! I've got my left hand to operate the fingered chords and can normally handle diminished and augmented but only play from the chord name. I have realised however and it's raken a long time, that it is better to learn and practise a piece of music rather than jump around from one piece to another. I watch the Allens Music Centre YouTube videos which I find quite inspiring and am now practising the chords changes from The Good Bad and Ugly which is challenging as there is so much else going on.
doojab

Post by doojab »

That's great! It is always good to challenge yourself!
Joe Cardana

Post by Joe Cardana »

Susan Star wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:52 pmhow do you get the last note to continue on the upper keyboard while continuing to play on the bottom keyboard ?
I just read this question again, and answered wrong. Sorry. I used the Sostenuto feature.
Current Instrument: Lowrey Marquee (EX-5000)
        Videos & Files: Anadrac Organ Works on Youtube, More Organ Music at anadrac.com
Rio Rancho, New Mexico: USA
Susan Star

Post by Susan Star »

Thanks for that Joe, as i said before i don't have cascade on my royale, but i then read an article by Lee in January on the main website that fully described what sostenuto was and a very good video showing exactly how to use it as well. I do have this feature and works for me. :D